Monday 24 August 2015


Hello everyone here we are another month gone by we are at the shaped card challenge had planned to do something more for this one but am struggling with my hands so have gone for this instead which I can say I am happy with so hope you all enjoy as well
Clarity Gelli plate card
Promarkers
Clarity Thank you stamps / bouquet stamp
Adirondack Egg plant ink pad
copy paper
spellblinders large dies
Calbur machine
Glue
Score board /Craft Knife

Lets get started I put this die through my machine twice to cut two circles one for the front
and the back





 Using the egg plant ink pad which I feel gives this imagine a nice colour different from the black which felt would be to dark so stamped the thank you

 
Taking a piece of copy paper I drew with pencil inside the circle of die and with knife cut the middle out so I could use this as a mask as did not want the flowers to stamp onto the frilly edge



 Place this over the image using masking tape at the back to keep the mask in place

 
 again using the egg plant stamp the flowers around the edge and the rest of the sentiment


 
with your other circle put the two cards together so that the right sides to the dies are on the out side match up the pattern edge then just mark on the white circle which will be the back where you would like your score so card will open so that they will match up at the end you can rub this out after

 
 Then scoring down this edge both sides this will make your opening and allow your card to stand

 
 Using my Promarkers I have shaded the flowers using yellows and oranges two different greens for leafs to give you a good shading with Aubergine Promarker with the fine nib work wavy lines through the thank you then highlighted the thank you with lemon promarker to make this pop





Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did thank you for stopping by hope you enjoy this month's challenge
 


14 comments:

  1. Stunning card I love the shape of it and the colours you have used for the flowers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully beautiful card. So delicate and truly beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card Julie, and a great blog too explaining all the steps. I'm sure the recipient will be really pleased to receive such a beautiful "Thank You".
    Hope your hands are much better, you did a fab job nevertheless despite them being problematic.
    Have a lovely day, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunningly beautiful card, Julie. How you stamped the flowers is such a good idea and your explanation is spot on! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card Julie with beautifully coloured flowers. The way you stamped them was a good idea - thanks for sharing that tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab idea - lovely card and colouring cracking idea to mask off using the die as a guide for your mask xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Julie. The colouring of your flowers is very good and they frame the sentiment perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Julie. The colouring of your flowers is very good and they frame the sentiment perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Julie, really pretty. Think I need this thank-you stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Julie and fab instructions. The colours you chose make me think of sunflowers. Great tip about using the die to make the mask; I'll have to remember that. Hope your hands are better now. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your replys I'm afraid at moment Barbara my hands are a lot worse don't know what's going on waiting blood tests but think I be back their before then x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie. Hope your hands are a bit better. This is a lovely card. I like the details in your sentiment and loving your flowers. Yes dies are great for making masks, especially when your hands hurt. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie. Hope your hands are a bit better. This is a lovely card. I like the details in your sentiment and loving your flowers. Yes dies are great for making masks, especially when your hands hurt. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete